Pewter is one of the earliest known metals used for basic utensils and remnants of early plates. Pewter became the predominant metal for most household objects, and, between 1640 and 1840, there were thousands of individuals or small companies in both Britain and Europe. In Germany, during the 14th and 15th Century, marks showing quality were added to the finished pewter by certified examiners. Guilds were formed to control the quality and the 'Tudor rose' and the 'Rose and crown', stamps introduced in the 16th Century, were used throughout England and Europe. Around the beginning of the 18th century, the, now recognized 'Angel' stamp was introduced and used mainly in the north of France, Germany, and North Europe. Original pewter lid skillfully replaced Below very clearly marked: Angel + "ACH", Star, "GL" and crowned rose. Pewterer GL from Aachen. The Small one is a Woodbury Pewter ABC Child´s plate from 1950s.
Dimensions 9W × 9D × 0.5H inches