We love setting resolutions for each new year with what we have learned in the past. The most unique homes are always those that have a distinct personality. Of course it might not be so easy for many to create that collected home so we hope these ideas will guide you throughout the year on that creative project.
1. You don't need as much furniture as you think you do, just more interesting pieces.
Who says you need the couch or that chair to fill up that corner?
2. Collect what you love, it will inspire you to be more creative.
Taking a life lesson from designer Alexander Girard we could all be more creative daily.
3. Don't be afraid of color, it adds emotion to a home.
Monet, Barragan, Le Corbusier and Frida Kahlo all knew a thing or 2 about living passionately.
4. If it doesn't matter get rid of it, free your space.
We consume way more then we need, items with no real meaning or purpose.
5. Travel and support independent creatives, your collected treasures will tell your journey.
A home to reflect the stories of those who live there, a collected space, unique and individual.
If you enjoyed this resolution list you might enjoy our forecast for 2019 and reading our predictions for home decor influenced by the Year of the Pig. Call us superstitious! lol